Sunday 11 December 2016

IN CONVERSATION WITH MORSHED MISHU


Morshed Mishu, a cartoonist, the assistant editor of magazine Unmad has broken career stereotypes of all kind and has achieved great success in an early age.
“These stereotypes are nothing but a social stigma, and honestly you cannot blame your parents; all parents really want is to secure the future of their children,” said Morshed Mishu when asked how difficult it was to convince his family about his not-so-common career.
Convincing your parents isn’t as difficult as it seems. “You’ve to be strategic in approach. You have to constantly work for your dream and goals. And if you’re passionate about it, it will show in your work,” he said. “Initially it will be difficult and most likely they won’t be supportive, but if you can prove them this your dream and you’re successful in this, your family will be the one to support you the most,” he added.
Mishu also said: “Studying was never my forte. I was never a very good student. Joining military was my only dream, but when I failed twice, that’s when everything changed for me since I had no backup plan.” Your intuitions are your best friend. Mishu added: “After having no backup plan, I later planned on joining University of Liberal Arts (ULAB) to complete my undergrad from CSE. But always was an active member of the media club, since that’s what attracted me most.

                                                                           Mahee Azreen in conversation with Morshed Mishu 
Photo courtesy: comic cafe
  

Universities help you understand yourself and contribute enormously to your growth. “ULAB has been the turning point of my life. I started to do well in studies, take part in club activities and was also contributing for magazine Unmad. And I received enormous support and positive feedbacks from my faculty and peers,” he said.
Everyone faces difficulty while trying to establish something new. He said: “I used to have arguments with my family on a regular basis because many times they did not understand my work. But after having participated in 8 national exhibitions and 2 international exhibitions, one in Berlin and another in London, your parents can’t help but support your dream.”
Focus is the key to success. “I believe your focus can take you anywhere. Be focused on what you want. I stuck onto what I wanted. I constantly pushed myself to improve every day. Difficulties don’t mean you’ll give up on your dreams, it’s simply why you should try harder,” he said.
Mishu said: “For me everything is art and art is everywhere. This is my passion and my career and I enjoy every minute I am working. If you can make your family realize your passion and get them to see the heights you can reach by doing something different, that’s when you have achieved your main goal.”


Mahee Azreen

No comments:

Post a Comment